VR6+Tiptronic: which revs it should shift?

and_pir

Aktiv-Mitglied
Hello forum. Question to other owners of VR6 + automatic.
My tiptronic is working well, after and oil change I made years ago it shifts smoothly and without vibrations or jerks. However "I think that I've noticed" that it is delaying the shifting between 2-3 and 3-4 more and more. I said "I think that I've noticed" because I'm not sure that I'm right about that, it could be just a sensation.
However my tiptronic shifts between 1600 and 1900 rpm, while when it has to shift 2-3, years ago it used to rev up to 2100 and now 2300 rpm, and 3-4 2000-2200 rpm.
I repeat, it could be just my sensation, but it's like that the more kms my bus drive, the more the tiptronic revs up when it has to go 2-3 and 3-4.
While between 4-5, 5-6 it shifts less than 1900.
Does this happen to other people too? Or my valves board is leaving me? Cause I wonder if, after more kms, it will end up shifting 2-3 at 3000rpm X__X ...
Thanks in advance ppl

Hi,

the automatic transmission is very sensitive - my sister working in car industry for transmission developments said, never open or change oil with any Aisin box.
My recommendation is: drive your motor/ transmission unit with joy until one of the components will blow off.
After that, renew the system with both elements from VW spare sparts. Costs about 15' euros, but will offer you much fun for the next 10 years min.

so is my plan. There is no car in the world comparable with the special mixture of useful and fun.

The T5 and my old '57 Beetle are the only VW products left. My professional car park is actually from Iveco and Citroen.
Citroen Spacetourer with 180 HP and automatic gearbox is quite nice... you can find my reports here in the forum.

Helge

Oh... Tbh, I gained from changing the oil but I could have just been lucky LOL!
My VR6 is out of stock in the vw's cat, forever 3:

It's not about which country, it's the fact that VW removed my engine from the etka, forever. The BDL is not available anymore anywhere; while the BKK is still available. If I need a new/rebuilt engine, I need to find someone like a tuner to get the work done, and it's not easy to find someone competent and capable enough to do this work, here in italy. I'm still stared like an alien by regoular VW mechanics when they see my van... the VR6 is not something that belongs to here. Sad.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Ok, but here in Germany we have a very active community dealing with VR6 maintaining ... so many other models from VW and Audi used to have the same basic motor. I am sure we can get any type here... new or rebuilt. And because I am running a logistics company - there should be no problem with the transport.

Quite many of the kilometers with my T5 took place on Italys roads. My sister working in car industry had for about 2 years a job in Maranello, responsible for the gearboxes in most Ferraris.😁 And many art transports between Italy and Germany are part of my business.

Thinking of Italy I also remember my fuel price record of 2,02 Euro per liter Super+
Actually I pay about 1,25 here

Helge

Ok, but here in Germany we have a very active community dealing with VR6 maintaining ... so many other models from VW and Audi used to have the same basic motor. I am sure we can get any type here... new or rebuilt. And because I am running a logistics company - there should be no problem with the transport.

This is just fantastic!!! Now I know that I can call YOU!!! if something bad happens, like my engine blowing up! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!
I know that VR6 is a kind of popular object in DEU, among VAG guys. Golfs, A3s, Passats and even Touaregs, while here it was just TDI-TDI-TDI. I had the problem about how to send my blown up engine back as they request for rebult engines, and how to get the rebuilt one, but not anymore thanks to YOU!
(however, my engine looks still in good health, wood touching,...: not a lot kms ago I made a compression test and it's still borderline to the Elsa's new-engine values, also it doesn't burn oil).

Quite many of the kilometers with my T5 took place on Italys roads. My sister working in car industry had for about 2 years a job in Maranello, responsible for the gearboxes in most Ferraris.😁 And many art transports between Italy and Germany are part of my business.

Thinking of Italy I also remember my fuel price record of 2,02 Euro per liter Super+
Actually I pay about 1,25 here

Helge

Yeah, you are right, the gasoline price in italy is a real theft and a moral shame.
The government uses the gasoline price to make bucks out of us, and now it is even more justified because of the ecofascism that is tranding now.
It's not our bus that consumes too much, it's the gasoline that is sold like if it is melted gold. On one way, you can't drive a more than 5 years old TDI because it pollutes too much, on the other if you get a gasoline vehicle, they punish you using the taxation over the gasoline price.
And add that we don't have the Super+ 98, because the smart ass companies sell just the premium, like 100 octanes or more when shell was operating here. The price you posted is still correct, especially in the highway service areas.
I use to put half+ of 100 octanes and half- of 95, to get an homemade 98.

Out of curiosity, wich route do you usually take to go down to Maranello? Switzerland-->Milano or France-->Torino? (I exclude Austria-->Bozen, since you live in the west side of the country)

I always drive through Austria (avoiding problems in Switzerland) with freight. On private trips it is really shorter through Switzerland...

Wish you luck and give a shout if necessary!

Zurück
Oben