t5 seating

shaun

Jung-Mitglied
I am at present trying to buy a new t5 windowvan in the UK(I believe Shuttle in Germany).The vehicle is very new in the UK and delivery time is about 5 months.No dealers seem to have vehicles to inspect and this is difficult as I intend to use the vehicle as a taxi.
The side doors and access from the second and third row seats are critical as this will determine whether the vehicle would be accepted as a taxi.
I am particularly intersested in the second row of seats and their operation in the 3 row bench form,the way they fold and tip. There must be sufficient access for people to the rear seats.I intend to have the vehicle with 2 side doors on electrical operation.

Any pictures,video graphics etc showing the operation would be very helpful

Thank you
Shaun

apologies for not being able to post in German

hi shaun,
sorry, no pics because i run my T5 as a 5 seater with multiflex board for proper sleeping.
the middle seats fold, slide and turn 180°, they don't tip. the folding of the back rest requires the operation of 2 different levers - easy. the 180° turn into backward position is simply done by another lever, unlike the merc v-class you dont need to take the seats out and back in. the sliding is operated by a rail at the bottom of the seats - also quick and easy. before i took the seats out i preferred to have them turned into backward position which provides best access to the rear bench, access to 2nd row is as good. that may be the way to go!?

cheers,
ol

hi shaun,
in addition to my previous posting: the folding of the back rest into an angle only requires 1 lever, you need the 2nd one to fix the back rest horizontally. depending on how far in front the middle seats are, you may not even need to fold their back rests to access the rear. all of this is no worries if you turn around the middle seats, as i mentioned before, then you've got heaps of access space.

cheers again,
ol

t5 seats

Thank you for your reply Ol,but rear facing seats are not allowed.Therefore I shall have to contionue to find the details of the bench type seat and its clearance.

Shaun

RE: t5 seats

Hi,

are you looking into getting a 7-, 8- or 9 seater?

The double seat on the front passenger side is IMHO not really suitable for long duration trips or for transportation of people that do not know each other (I mean, you don't have be lovers to manage, but for complete strangers it is awkwardly close).

Looking at my car, I'd say that third row access (from the passenger side) is no problem when the 2-seat bench (w/o the extra foldable chair) is in the sencond row. But then you only get a 7-seater (2-2-3).
Also, access from the driver's side sliding door into the back is tight. I do not know whether the 2-seat bench folds up or tips somehow (which would be inconvenient for passengers seated there, I guess), but if it doesn't, 'larger' people (such as me) will find it inconvenient to get in the very back from the driver's side door.

How this issue plays out with the extra seat next to the 2-seat bench, I do not know, as I really don't know how this seat looks and how it can be manipulated.

There is also the possibility to get a long T5 which should enable you to get a 2-2-2-3 type of arrangement (which still qualifies as a passenger car, in Germany at least, as opposed to a bus). The situation with the driver's sidedoor is not much different, though.

yes I agree the front double seat is a bit of a joke.I intend to only have the single passenger seat. I was hoping for a 2 3 3 arrangement.
The 2 2 2 3 arrangement sounds interesting but i was looking at a long version for luggage space and I guess that I will lose that.Do the floor mountings support that arrangement.I would have thought that the rear wheel arches would get in the way.

Thanks Shaun

I must admit, I do not know enough about the T5 Shuttle and its floor mountings for the back seats, but it is possible to configue the car (VW website) as 2-2-2-3. I do not how flexible the seating arrangements are in tems of moving the benches back and forth.

I assume luggage space is pretty much nil with four rows of seats, even with the long version of the T5, but then, realistically, there is also not enough luggage space for 6 passengers in the short version if they all travel 'heavy'.

Zurück
Oben