T5.2 102ps + 3,5 AHK... ?

and_pir

Aktiv-Mitglied
Hello to the forum ppl.
I'm looking for a T5 (not for me, I have already one) euro4, budget is 6.000 . It's not easy, however I found a T5.2 2010 euro5 102ps, 220.000km, klima, with the rear door heavily crashed but still working. It looks ok, overally. The guy says the bus is fully serviced (sheckheftgepflegt), but no HU and ASU, that are expired.
However I saw something very weird.
This bus has the tow bar allowed up to 3500kg, and this is very weird, because the tow bar is the standard from vw while the one used to increase the allowed weight is very different, it is bigger. Also, I know that usually the tuv doesn't allow this transformation for underpowered buses, like this one. Do you think that this bus something safe?

What is worrying me, actually, is that such a small engine could have been already ruined beside the few KMs, if they were done towing 3500kg.
The guy who sells it, is a small business owner, that deals with trailers... (renting and sales).

In your opinion, should I travel 600kms to see it or should I leave it there?
Thank you in advance.

Hi,

excuse me very much for my lousy english.

Where do you live, and where is the car? Can you give us a link?

My T5 has also the 3,5t AHK, but 180 hp. And surely, the 2.0 BTDI 180hp engine isn´t good stuff for 3,5 AHK. I use the 3,5t only for few kilometers a year.

I won't post the link here because last time I did, the link was removed... I think I broke a rule of the forum and I do not wanto to do that again. I will send you in a pm.

À mon avis, le moteur 2.0 diesel est généralement pas bien adapté pour tirer la charge lourde.
Pour les voyages avec une lourde charge, je recommanderais le T5 avec moteur 2.5 diesel.

Ach ja: Google

;)

I can t find how to send pm. The bus is located near München, it cost 6990 and is in MOBILE point DE.

À mon avis, le moteur 2.0 diesel est généralement pas bien adapté pour tirer la charge lourde.
Pour les voyages avec une lourde charge, je recommanderais le T5 avec moteur 2.5 diesel.

Ach ja: Google

;)

The funny part: The tow bar is not needed at all. We will remove it.
I fear the engine is dead by towing all that weight.

Google transl:
Der lustige Teil: Die Schleppstange ist überhaupt nicht nötig. Wir werden es entfernen.
Ich fürchte, der Motor ist tot, indem er das ganze Gewicht schleppt.

Here the bus from its back

$_57.jpg

Into the ad:
  • Auf wunsch neuer TÜV und ASU
  • LKW Zulassung
  • Anhängerkupplung mit Zuglast bis 3,5 Tonnen

I fear the engine is dead by towing all that weight.

Ich glaube nicht, daß das dem Motor selbst schadet.
Wir haben hier im Umfeld Fahrzeuge die ständig viel Last ziehen müßen, die Motoren selbst leiden kaum darunter, eher die Kupplung, evtl. das Getriebe.
Ich persönlich bin der Meinung, daß Motoren die oft unter Last betrieben werden, länger halten als andere die zu mager betrieben werden.

hi there,

if your plan is buying a T5 below 10k, you should not only worry about the engine, but about everything else as well....and almost everything is quite expensive!

good luck and best regards,

Dödel

Reaktionen: hjb
In fact I think this will end up on nothing. I won't take resposibility on this. Yesterday I talked to a seller for a 2007 2.5 tdi kombi priced 6000, and honestly he told me that the engine makes a weird noise, like a deep "boom-boom-boom".
And I doubt the body is rusty free.
I will show your answer to the guy who asked form my help; I hope he will give up.

Zurück
Oben