Jung-Mitglied
Erstzulassung
june 2008
DPF
ab Werk
Antrieb
Front
Hi,

Looking for somewhere for easter, anyone had any good experiences of my two suggestions?

Cheers,

Morzine(Andrew).

AW: Strasbourg oder Freiburg?

Hi,
I only had one chance to visit Strasbourg, but I did not like it too much. Lots of office-buildings, lots of traffic..
Freiburg has a big inner city with quite a few cafes etc and a lovely scenery to enjoy...
Just my 2 cents,
Raller

Hallo,
und egal wo Du hingehst, in beiden Städten kommst Du bei den Eingeborenen mit Englisch nicht weit ;-)

(There's no diffrence in the acceptance of english language in both cities by natives.)

If you like pictourescqe old towns try Colmar as an alternative.
Student night life is maybe more interesting in Straßburg.
What is interesting for you?
Clubs? Architecture? Hiking in Black Forrest?

Greetings,
Christoph

Hi Andrew,

as Christoph I live in Freiburg but I'm sure: You will like it!
(Sorry Christoph, Colmar? For Colmar you need one hour, for Freiburg one week :p)

You have:
A nice and living city, cultural and scientifical events, the best wheather in Germany (ok, that's not a big challenge...;)) and the famous black forest around.

And - a very important information for You - I am not working in a local tourist office! =) (ask Christoph, he will assure it)

Greetings and a good decision
Mike

Hi Andrew,

I offer you to visit Strasbourg on the trip to Fribourg. The old citiy of Strasbourg called "Petit France" is so nice and beautiful, at the evening there are many restaurants and nice places. When you are going to Strasbourg you can stay in our town "Kehl" on a camping area, from there you can walk to Strasbourg. A other possibility is, you park with the T5 on the parkingstation "Elsau", there you get for all peoples a tramway ticket. Elsau is the only place with a high upper 2 m in Strasbourg! From Strasbourg you have a one hour trip to Fribourg.

So long have allwhere a good trip.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Hallo Andrew,

You can have both, easter-holidays in Strasbourg and Freiburg at may 20 ++ to meet all the "south-west-Bekloppten" at Kirchzarten.

Beide Staedte sind eine Reise wert.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Hi,

Plan C:
Trip to Strasbourg, overnight in Kehl, via french Highway (not the A5!) to Colmar (also petit venice) and next night in Freiburg at parking lot Sandfangweg directly at Dreisam river. Bring a bike and you need 10 Minutes to Münsterplatz.

Greetings/Grüße,
Christoph

Guten Morgen,

Vielen Dank an alle, wir haben uns für Freiburg entscheiden.

Richtig geschreiben?

Regards,

Andrew

Guten Morgen,

Vielen Dank an alle, wir haben uns für Freiburg entscheiden.

Richtig geschreiben?

Regards,

Andrew

Perfect, Andrew!
Why do I write in English? I must be an idiot...;)

I've forgotten one of the most important argument:
Local wines and eating!

In summary, in Germany Freiburg is famous for " a high quality of Life".
(Maybe I should really change my profession: attention tourists, I am coming! :cool:)

Herzliche Grüße
Mike

Also your car will be safer in Freiburg.

Some years ago my old Renault Clio 16v almost got stolen in Strasbourg parked on the street near the university over a week-end (forced doors locks, additional steering wheel block removed by bending the wheel, ignition/steering wheel lock destroyed... but finally the car was left there by the thives/joy riders).

Therefore, in Strasbourg - and in my opinion any major French city - it seems a good idea to park your car in a safe place or have a good insurance.

If sleeping in Strabourg on the street, avoid some of the probematic suburbs.

Best,
ter11

Hallo Andrew

Freiburg is a good decision.

There is a fine camping-site in Oberried, about 4 km south of Kirchzarten. Very calm and a nice view, runned by a farmer.

At Eastern we will be there too.

Hartmut

Zurück
Oben