SCR kat to get EURO6 - opinions?

and_pir

Aktiv-Mitglied
Hello forum.
Well, I posted another thread to get opinions for my friend about the AXA engined T5 to be able to drive it avoiding the diesel drive bans but I got no answer, su that options must be not so good. Howver I suddenly remembered yesteday that outside of here ppl are allowed to upgrade their cars with after market parts, like power but also emissions, while here it's a "verboten!" thing (but once the car has obtained the registration abroad in the EU, here they are forced to accept it). So I knew that 2 years ago some companies (Oberland Mangold, HJS, Baumot) were homologating the SCR kat and I looked in internet but I found nothing certain.

A T5.2 Euro5 upgraded to Euro6 would be a good option, because of the power and the great availabilty in the market, and for the next years it should be driveable for a while.

So, is there any guy here who did this thing to get the Euro6 emissions registration?
I would like to know how much it costed and if they got the registration as Euro6 dover the Teil1.
Thanks in advance.

First Thing: the AXA will Never become an issue for a Diesel Drive ban, because it‘s a gasoline engine.

about the scr-kat: Problem is that everybody (HJS, Mangold-Oberland, etc) announced Systems,but Nobody has one ready for the T5. There is a Thread about That somewhere in the Forum.

Yeah, sorry, my fault... I should have searched before into the forum.

I know that the AXA is a gasoline, but in the other thread I asked ppl who own it about their opinion, cause the 2.0 vans look dogs :( due to the little torque... I thought that it could be my misconception but nobody answered so I think I was right (sadly): the AXA are dogs.
The 2.0 TSI instead is EA888 that is garbage type (thanks audi >:O ) and it needs to be overhauled at 50k km; while the vr6 (awesome) is not suitable for my friend as daily driver because here they sell you gasoline at gold price (11/12L per 100km).
So a T5.2 built Euro5 and retrofitted Euro6 could have been fine, but as you told, there are no kits, and I read here that VW pays up to 3000 teuros to german ppl, so the kit probably costs more (4000?) and we won't get any help by VW. And I saw that the retrofitting could not be enough to get the Euro6 classification into the Teil1, because it gives only some additions into the Teil1 that certifies that the van "pollutes less"; such things are worthy in germany but here it's onle the Euro class that counts.

It's like a closed road... you get crazy looking for a solution but there is no solution for non-new vans.
Thank u for the answer

I know that the AXA is a gasoline, but in the other thread I asked ppl who own it about their opinion, cause the 2.0 vans look dogs :( due to the little torque... I thought that it could be my misconception but nobody answered so I think I was right (sadly): the AXA are dogs.
If i Go by the Forum, the axa has one Main Problem, which is the egr, but those are few. My feeling about this is That there are few but axa is especially Rare here.

if i had a Need and an oportunity i would buy one, but this is mainly Personal preference...

and yes, ist is Not the power Stuff, but i have a small diesel and That enough for cruising...

Zurück
Oben