Comfortline
Radio / Navi
RCD200
Extras
Comfort inner wall
Bosch Big Knick 225
DLS loudspeakers
Workshop interior
A new company van has been ordered for me, a longwhellbase T5 van ("kastenwagen") , 96kW TDi in reflex silver and my plan was to install a Pioneer DEH-P55BT ( a singel CD headunit with built in Blue tooth handsfree) BUT the sales guy seems to have sold in a RDC200 to my boss thing now is: how do i see if its a RDC200 or RDC200MP3??
If its a RDC200 without MP3 i MUST be replaced but if its a RDC200MP3 i might be acceptable with a handfree for the mobile phone

If i get a RDC200 and want to replace it with a singleDIN unit what parts do i need?? just the "storagebox" under the DINunti or do i need an additional mounting frame to support a single DIN unit??

Just took delivery of my new comapny van with a VW RCD200 OEM single CD and you might be able to guess what kind my boss got me???
Yepp the RCD200 BUT i do belive its only a "software lock" in it since the only diffrence is the function of three buttons ( "scan" also double as "scroll folders"and "as" becomes "as/i") and when i insert a MP3 cd it doesnt say "CD-error" it recoginzie what it is and say "CD-ROM" and rejects it..

Any clues on how to get it unlocked, maybe like you do with you DVD player to make it region free??

Hi Mr. Swedish,

greetings from Helsingborg.

Regarding your question: I don't get it. Do you actualy mean you ordered the MP3 version and you just got the "normal" one? Is your questions now how to enable the MP3 functionality?

Edit: Sorry, missed your first posting. I get it now ;)

/Peter

Nope got the RCD 200 and NOT the RCD200 MP3 (that i hoped for) when my boss ordered the car (so i got what the boss ordered..but not what i wanted..*LOL*)

Thing is i THINK the radio is just "software locked" to not play MP3 CD so phyisical there are no diffrence between a RCD200 and a RCD200MP3 (just like your DVD player is supposed to only play region 2 DVDs..).
This is the case with BMWs headunita and a simple CD with some files on unlocks it to play MP3 ..

Not that easy. Maybe someone in the board has an idear. I could believe that it is just a software patch but VW seems to be very carefull when it it comes to such things. For example my Navi was flashed by a VWN serviceman and not by the mechanics in the garage.

Good luck!

Well the Van is brand new and under warranty so it might get broken and replaced under warranty then.....*S*

Anyhow ill see what comes up on this subject on here or any other board as well ( since the RCD200 is the "standard radio" for most VW models something may pop up at some Polo or Golf site...).
Mean whiel im thinking of replacing the speakers since its not good enough for my HiFi needs while at work..

Anyone know a good online shop in Germany/BeNeLux for MB quart speakers since their swedish sales rep. went out of business....

Zurück
Oben